A security appliances company, SonicWall headquartered at Sunnyvale, California was a late entrant in the Indian market in early 2000’s. In the US, SonicWall was strongly positioned in the small and medium business, however in India being a late entrant; it had a lot of catching up to do. The Consultancy was roped in to make this late entrant a market leader.
Build goodwill, visibility and credibility of Sonicwall in order to gain market share in India.
- SonicWall was a well recognized and credible brand in the US.
- The company was committed to the effort. Senior executives from the company were regularly visiting India
- There was exisiting PR machinery in place that was churning out PR material. The corporate communications team based in the US was consistently putting out relevant information
- They were focusing on UTM appliances- a new category of product. This was both an opportunity and a challenge.
- SonicWall was a late entrant in the Indian market. Its competitors were miles ahead in terms of market share.
- SonicWall’s core selling product was UTM appliance- Unified threat management. UTM as a concept was relatively new in the Indian market
- SonicWall did not have an office, employees or a spokesperson in India.
- The PR Consultancy had to work as a virtual team with people from US and the identified spokesperson based in Thailand.
- There were no other significant demand generation activites being conducted
- Build the supply side first- reach out to channel partners.
- As the supply side gets stronger, shift the balance of communication to the consumer
- Position Sonicwall as a thought leader and technology leader in its space.
We used a variety of PR tools including press release announcements on new distributor sign ups & new product launches, product reviews, interviews with visiting executives, contributory article placements, spokesperson profiling, quotes in industry stories among others to get visibility for SonicWall and its products.
SonicWall built its motivated channel partner base significantly all across India- Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc.
From a sales standpoint SonicWall grew a phenomenal 400% in the first year of our sustained PR work.
In less than 3 years, SonicWall and the market leader were neck-to-neck in revenues in India.
SonicWall also had expanded its team to a Country Manager and 5 Senior Sales people.
The Consultancy team was felicitated at SonicWall’s channel partner event in Chennai.
The Consultancy team was also invited to Munich, Germany to meet SonicWall’s Global CEO.
Highly Recommended All-Round PR Consulting Firm
I have worked with Pink & White Consulting, and the relationship has been one of the most productive I have ever had with a public relations firm in any country worldwide. The consultancy has produced consistently high volumes of quality coverage. We are particularly pleased to have achieved a number of feature articles in publications such as The Economic Times. The team is able to use just about any material the company provides and turn them into a win for SonicWALL. We also value the team’s client counseling and relationship management skills.
I can highly recommend Pink & White Consulting as an excellent, all-round PR consulting firm.